Monday, November 9, 2009

Keys to Romance

Staying heads-down in NaNo land before H1N1 lands on my house (as I feel it is doomed to do) but I had to share this worthy op-ed piece from the Times of India, entitled "Keys to Romance"

"[Y]ou could fall in love with the typewriter. With the comp[uter], one is not very sure."

How true indeed that is. And not that I'm crazy about Geeksugar, since they have promoted/cooed about typewriter key jewelry, but I was surprised (and pleased) to see a pair of my very own machines show up in this post. (Etta the Quiet DeLuxe and the unnamed SM-9, for those playing at home.) I do have to admit to feeling all a-swoon when I open up their cases, which I do far too infrequently.

EDIT: Ah, Olivander has teh stronger Google-fu than I. Check out his link, and also this clip. I think we have a new name for the Brigade rock band: Duffy Moon and the Fate Machine.

5 comments:

Olivander said...

That article is just crying out to be made into a lavish Bollywood musical number.

Jessica said...

I was just about to write the same thing as Olivander, but he beat me to it.

Strikethru said...

Google-fu! That calls for a LOL

Elizabeth H. said...

OK, that was really weird. And I liked it.

Duffy Moon said...

Ditto what LFP said. I don't know why I liked it (other than the giant typewriter and the dancing) but I did. Quite a bit.