Friday, December 21, 2012

Ujtupocalypse

Whoops, I guess three weeks have passed since I last poked my nose in here. I think as we age, time no longer travels linearly, but swoops and peaks and dips like a roller-coaster gone out of control. How is it that in the heart of Nano I was making regular updates, and now... not so much?

Holiday plans are taking most of my time, but I'm looking forward to the quiet days as we finish off the old year and usher in the new. No typewriters under the tree this year, but that's all right -- I've had a bountiful year. We're trying as much as possible to scale back a bit: focus less on the "stuff" and keep the focus on the kids (which is far more fun anyway.) Aside from the usual hiding and wrapping, my days have been filled with naps and trying to coax sodoku solutions out of my brain. In all: quiet.

So, how's the end of the world look from your location?

3 comments:

Scott K said...

Worst end of the world... ever.

Couldn't even muster up a decent storm here, when it was forecast to. All we got was 10 minutes of drizzle.

Ryan Adney said...

Sunny. Cool. Just like the day before. Just like the next day. I guess Eliot was the prognosticator. The world ends not with a bang, but a whimper.

shordzi said...

Already gone.