Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolved

I'm not big on New Year's resolutions. I try to avoid making them in general, since I don't stick to them anyway, and life is sufficiently complex enough without lofty goals. That said, I'm going to try very, very hard to get a finished novel out the door and into the wild, thus doubling my personal output.

It's going to happen.

Probably.

At least, I'm making an effort to re-read November's draft, and it's not as entirely horrible as I feared. This could just be the leftover cookies talking, mingled with the residual buzz from the Berkeley Type-In. But I'm going to try to make this happen. You heard it here first.

Beta readers will be wanted, when the time comes.

(sent from the sofa, via Bluetooth keyboard and tablet)

4 comments:

TonysVision said...

Bluetooth keyboard and tablet, huh? Well, Hilda and I, too, are about to join the dark side - A Samsung tablet is on the way, a Christmas present selfie. Gotta keep up with the kids.

BTW, i enjoy your writing, so if you need another beta reader ...

Anonymous said...

So you do, huh? Well okay, good luck!

mpclemens said...

@Tony: Nexus 7 (1st generation) and a Logitech K760, specifically. Pairing them couldn't be easier. Connecting the AlphaSmart via USB should, in theory, be simple. In practice, it was anything but.

@spiderwebz: "I don't make resolutions, so here's one." :-) I figure by saying it out loud, so to speak, there's a better chance it will actually happen.

Richard P said...

Go for it!