Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Recipe for Nanowrimo Success in 2009

20090429 typecast

Scenes from 2008's NaNoWriMo:

Young author at work November dreaming NaNoWriMo 2008: Day 14 The secret to a high word count

Typed on a most girly super-size recipe card that in no way makes me less of a man. Thanks to Little Flower Petals I've somehow decided that I need still more vintage metal boxes to hold my massive stash of 3x5 cards, and so of course pick out the one that's packed with paper products. It's a sickness, I tell ya.

6 comments:

Monda said...

You know, what you REALLY need is one of those old Rolodexes. A big circular one with thousands of cards...

just sayin.

mpclemens said...

Monda, that's just kicking me when I'm already down. Believe me, if I ever find one of those big metal monsters, I'll probably have a fit on the floor. No mid-80's smoked plastic lids for me, thanks. I want something that could take off a finger when the lid swings shut.

Mike Speegle said...

Totally jealous. I can't wait until my son is old enough to NaNo.

Duffy Moon said...

Excellent, Mike. And this year I have several new and eager recruits in my local writing group. None of them - so far - are likely to join in the Typewriter Brigade (well, I mean, I still have 6 months to soften them up, right?) but maybe my own beautiful first-born daughter will fulfill that particular dream.

mpclemens said...

I don't know if he'll stick with it -- eleven is so very much a fickle age -- but I really hope he does give it a shot this year. He's gotten pretty handy using his AlphaSmart for school papers, so maybe I can disguise it as a "look how much better a typist you'll be" thing.

What I really need to do is get his teachers turned on to the idea. Hmmm.

Elizabeth H. said...

It is indeed a sickness. I think I'll be happy with just the portable wallet as my luxury item, though. A plastic box works AOK for the home base.

Very cool that your son is continuing to show interest!