Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Makes me laugh

20130807 pencast

Of course there's no actual physical piece of paper bearing Jeff Bezos' autograph, the royalty having been deposited electronically into that dedicated account. I feel like I should frame the bank statement or something. Just in case I get big-headed about this tiny achievement, my wife has offered to send me regular updates on the products that come before the book in question on a general Amazon search. Today's choicest hits:
  • Pink case for a smartphone
  • High-end audio cables
  • Men's hair color
  • Headlight kit for a Nissan
That's funny in a whole other way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty awesome. As my grandmother would say, "don't spent it all in one place!"

Anonymous said...

*spend* it all in one place....

Richard P said...

Good for you!

notagain said...

my writing buddy and I have discussed this. I'm going to try to get an actual check to frame for the wall...someday.

notagain said...

Congratulations! well deserved - that book was an enjoyable read!

Rob Bowker said...

Sweet, well done. This sort of thing you should usually multiply the amount by at least 100 to express the sustained resonance it has with one's psyche. Don't spend it all at once. And Amazon UK general search for One Last Quest? You're the top!

Ted said...

Be cautions - sudden riches can lead to moral corruption (:

Conga Rats, man! :D