Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Flat Stanley Redux: We Are Go For Launch

Thanks to all the folks who indicated they'd be willing to take in my daughter's "Flat Stanley." I checked with her teacher, and it's perfectly fine that Typosphere Stanley spends a little more time on the road than is typical (I guess they're normally sent to one place and then returned.)

Based on the many responses, it looks like Stanley will be able to circumnavigate the globe. The tentative route is: California -> Hawaii -> Australia -> Switzerland -> Maine, and then a westward trek across the U.S. to be determined. (Any readers in Japan or central Asia out there?) I'm planning on turning this into a mini-geography lesson for my daughter: we'll dig out an atlas and trace out his route, and cross our fingers that he doesn't get lost on the way!

I'm guessing that Stanley is just a small paper cutout meant to be fit into a regular envelope. I'm planning to include a typed note "from" him to my daughter which you're all encouraged to add to. Crafty people: if you have a typewriter rubber stamp, I'd love a scanned copy that we can print out and color in and send with Stanley. No jet-setting world traveler should be without his writing machine.

Again, thanks to everyone who offered to take him in and pass him along; I'll let you know when Stanley gets ready to go.

5 comments:

Strikethru said...

I have four, count em four typewriter rubber stamps, so let me know if you'd like me to send along some stampage (did you mean, say, stamp it on a piece of paper, and then mail the paper?) I can send you all four and you can pick the best one.

Strikethru said...

Or, did you mean like a .jpg online? That would make a lot more sense.

mpclemens said...

.jpeg, I meant. We'll print and color in here, and then send it along with Stanley as his typewriter (flat, of course!)

Adwoa said...

Sounds great! Looking forward to Stanley's arrival :)

Strikethru said...

I'll send it later today!