Thursday, December 29, 2011

Illustrator Wanted

Just popping in for a moment here, before the family treks off on some mandated Togetherness Time. (Actual quote from my wife and I to kids: "We will have fun, it won't be boring, so put down the video games and get your shoes on!")

Rob Bowker correctly and kindly suggested that I need an illustrator for the vision I'm carrying around in my head for the cover of my honest-I'll-self-publish-any-day-now novel One Last Quest. Of course, I have no experience finding the same. How exactly does one find such talent these days? Craigslist posting? Comb through deviantArt? Hang out in Starbucks and Peet's and look for someone sketching? Does one even sketch any more, or is it all done with iPads these days?

If things get desperate, I can always hand the digitizing pen over to my nine-year-old daughter. At least she won't be riddled with self-doubt, and I can reimburse her in leftover Christmas cookies.

10 comments:

Aidana WillowRaven said...

Yes ... you could certainly hire the little one, but if you are looking for a pro, I sent you my info on Twitter.

Mike Speegle said...

I have forwarded your post to the artistically-inclined among my friends. Good luck!

Bill M said...

Art student(s) from the local community college or university if you have one close by.

Duffy Moon said...

If you're NOT looking for a pro, well, I'm not a pro.

How do you feel about macaroni art?

Dale said...

Ummmm - a GOOD illustrator will know how to find YOU :-) http://d-alien.com Check out my work and let me know. Depends on your budget what I can do for you. Thanks. -Dale

Max Rudiari said...

Well...I'm a p[rofessional illustrator with few books published. I'm also a big fan of typewriters and this tells about how nice I'm heheheh. I have a blog about typewriters where i post some cartoons, but i can work in different styles. I'll be happy to learn more about your project! If you have time, check my blog at

http://ironandribbon.blogspot.com/
Happy New Year!

Claudia Tremblay said...

I am an illustrator, may be i can help..
Its all about liking the style of the artist according to me.
Cheers
www.claudiatremblay.com

Claudia Tremblay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob Bowker said...

Mike, I'd have mentioned Max, but I only 'met' him just before Christmas. Looks like your cup runneth over with good leads - all from the comfort of the extended Typosphere. Don't forget to yell if you need typography/layout - still more than willing. Happy New Year!

Strikethru said...

I can't wait to see this cover, if it turns out half as well as Pen & Platen's, you're going to be looking sharp.

As for iPads, behold the typewriter drawing that can be done by a talentless hack using an iPad in my latest blog post. It's like having bionic powers. Husband's remark "Why don't you just marry it?"