Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Big Sell-Out

Inspired by a comment in my Shift Freedom photo, I spent a few minutes this morning fiddling with the "Posterize" tool on Gimp, and have entered the realm of typospheric merch.

Behold! Clickthing Swag-o-Matic 6000!

I'm realizing, though, that this offers up opportunities for those who might want to embellish themselves with their favorite scribomechanical devices, without the stigma and righteousness that will rightfully rain down upon you if you were to, say, support a keychopper on Etsy.

This is kind of a joke, unless anyone actually buys one, and then I'm all in. What would you like to see on a shirt/mug/sticker/magnet?

9 comments:

Mike Speegle said...

Awesome. Were I not saving for a coveted Waterman Phileas, I would purchase one forthwith.

I do think you should go with this, though. get a few more designs up there for the Christmas season.

mpclemens said...

There is a restriction on the "free" store setup that you can only have one of any item for sale at a time, so this officially exhausts my "dark t-shirt" options for the time, unless I decide to pull the product down and replace it. But I can put up all the other stuff as I like. Kind of like a limited-edition run of products, but without the obsessive audience. :-)

Strikethru said...

Love it. So enigmatic.

Olivander said...

"clickthing things". Like it.

Yeah, that free store restriction is kind of...erm...restrictive. But the way I see it, you only have to sell one item and you've already got your first month's upgrade paid for.

deek said...

Hmmm...I have a free cafepress account I started with my personal website (meaning, not typeclack) and I have about two dozen items on it. Maybe I was grandfathered in.

Do you mean you only get one t-shirt of that type, or just one item at all?

Cause I have coffee mugs, multiple types of T-shirts, aprons, etc.

In any event, its very cool. And now you got me thinking I need to play around a little more:)

Elizabeth H. said...

Ha! I admit, I am tempted. Not sure I'll actually carry through on that temptation, but I am surely tempted.

As Strikethru said, it's so delightfully enigmatic....

mpclemens said...

Looks like you can only have one of a particular instance of a product in the free store, so I've used up my "dark t-shirt" and "trucker hat" and "rectangle sticker" amounts.

LFP, I've added something to the store for you and Speegle to wear for public-typing courage. :-)

Olivander said...

"LFP, I've added something to the store for you and Speegle to wear for public-typing courage. :-)"

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to make some "Duffy Moon Retrofication Church" products?

Strikethru said...

You didn't!