Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Clickthing Clear-Out: Adopt Us, Please!

Have you gone through the spreadsheet yet checked the adoption page? There's still a lot of adoptable machines in need of good homes.

Yes, it pains me to get rid of some of these machines, since I oohed and aahed over them when I first found them. Some were just picked up in the momentum of the heady acquisition days of this blog, and some didn't make it through my rigorous mental brackets: "If I had to choose between X or Y, which would I keep?"

Drop a note in the comments if you're interested in something, and check the blog links in the table above to jump to a post either featuring or produced by the machine in question.

The list is now on its own dedicated page. This might become a standard procedure around here: find 'em and fix 'em and send them on their way.



9 comments:

J.A. said...

Sadly, I too am abandoning some kittens. If I lived nearby it might be different. (Sure the man Living in the Woods has expressed interest. He is mad in all the best ways I hear!)

deek said...

I've looked throught the list at least a dozen times, but you're keeping all the one's I had interest in:)

notagain said...

You can take my name off the Brother, I'm sure to find one here eventually. However I will spring for one. If clickthing doesn't take the corona standard that's my first choice, and if he does I'd like the 1947 QDL.

Anonymous said...

Okay!

Since I'm coming for the Remington anyway, may I also dibs the Underwood Touchmaster ("Norma Jean") and the Smith-Corona Silent Super?

Ding!

mpclemens said...

@deek: Well, of course. :-) It's nice to have the luxury of choice, though nicer still to have the space back.

@notagain: you got it: removed from the Brother, added (tentatively) to the Corona Standard and the '47 QDL

@goodmailday: so noted -- thanks! I'd rather not ship standards, for obvious reasons. I sense a pastel theme. :-)

wordrebel said...

You can add my name to the '48 Silent. I'm a SC man and have always wanted one...plus I manage a warehouse and can take care of the shipping costs!

Bill M said...

Mrs. may get upset with me, but if the Corona Standard is still available let me know. It'd need shipped.

wordrebel said...

Don't worry Bill - mine already yelled at me for putting my hat in the ring!

notagain said...

Looks like you have me down correctly. Let me know what wordrebel does.